The dictionary people : the unsung heroes who created the Oxford English dictionary / Sarah Ogilvie.
- ISBN: 9780593536407
- ISBN: 0593536401
- Physical Description: x, 370 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: First American edition.
- Publisher: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2023.
"This is Borzoi Book.'"--Title page verso.
"Originally published in hardcover in Great Britain by Chatto & Windus, an imprint of Vintage, a division of Penguin Random House Ltd, London, in 2023."--Title page verso.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 349-352) and index.
For the first time ever, this thrilling literary detective story, doubling as a celebration of words, language, people and one of mankind's greatest achievements, unravels the mystery of the contributors from around the world who, for over seventy years, helped to codify the way we read, write and speak.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Oxford English dictionary.
Encyclopedias and dictionaries > History and criticism.
English language > Lexicography > History > 19th century.
English language > Etymology.
Lexicographers > Biography.
- 10 of 16 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at C.H. Booth Library - Newtown.
- 0 current holds with 16 total copies.